- Considering X-touch One to use with Logic Pro X -

- Considering X-touch One to use with Logic Pro X -

Looking for:

- Behringer X Touch with Logic Pro -  













































     


- Behringer x touch logic pro x setup free



 

At the moment the Modify buttons aren't working for me. Has anyone had this issue. If so has anyone got a resolution for it, or even advice on how I could debug the problem. I'm also interested to know if other people don't have this issue.

I'm currently running LPX I have also updated to the latest firmware on the x touch. Any help would be gratefully appreciated, Thanks in advance, Charles. My Studio. Try to locate an earlier version of the manual in PDF, read the introductory chapters along with the Mackie Control chapter. Try each of the commands to see how they behave. I have been happily using my X-Touch with Logic for over 4 years.

I get better at it, and learn new things all the time. For instance if I hold down the alt key it will allow me to copy an element from one track to the other. But the button won't. I'm not clear when those descriptions above actually mean. Please tell me I'm being an idiot and explain how they can. Hi - Thanks for your response and your patience. Slight change to my workflow I guess Lots of reading ahead :- Thanks, Charles.

To dive a little deeper, I decided to work through the Mackie Control section of the Logic Control Manual, especially the charts beginning on page Presonus ioStation 24c. Softube Console 1 Fader. Rate now. Review guidelines. Quickly became an indispensable tool for me. I use it for transport control, setting markers, volume and panning, and other DAW control e.

The positive: - Since I started using this in Cubase, I can't work well without it anymore. It's also much easier to control the recording process with the X-Touch when I'm playing guitar or keyboard. However, that option does exist as well, if you want to select a channel without touching the fader and risking a volume change.

It's great to have both options! In fact, I prefer the X-Touch' separate track displays to the Mackie's combined track display. The X-Touch also shows the volume per channel during playback with a typical volume 'bar', which looks great in the total channel overview, while the Mackie just shows it using a single LED.

The negative X-Touch specific : - The track displays are not readable under an angle, but I solved that by tilting the whole X-Touch, which somehow feels more natural to control that way for me as well. I prefer to see the values, but the default is to show the parameter name.

Every time I switch fader banks or restart the device , I have to re-set that option if I want to see values instead. The negative Mackie-protocol limitations : - The track display hardware supports different colors for the backlights, which would be an awesome feature to even more quickly correlate the channels to the ones in my DAW. However, this does not work with a DAW due to limitations in the Mackie protocol. This is NOT actually a limitation in the X-Touch itself; the much more expensive Mackie controllers have the same limitation.

It only works over ethernet when connected to a Behringer X32 have not been in a position to try that, so I cannot verify it - Buttons can have different functions in different DAWs and applications, so you may have to find and print a template to put on it for easier use. The standard names don't map well to Cubase, which I'm using. This is not a hardware issue, but it is because some DAWs send Mackie updates with a relatively low frequency so instead of a 'diagonal line' when increasing volume, the controller receives a 'staircase' from the DAW.

Luckily there is a free tool floating around online that can intercept and interpolate these updates, which improves smoothness. Report Do you believe this rating to be inaccurate or unacceptable for some reason? Please give us the reason for your assessment in the following text box and — if possible — your e-mail address for further questions. Okay, but not without its flaws. Overall, this is a nice piece of kit to help you free your hand from the mouse.

I've had this for a few years now and it's still going strong. It's well built mostly and for the price, you do get a lot for your money. That said, there are a few niggling issues I'd like to point out. Whilst this isn't entirely the Behringer's fault as it is technically impossible to get them to change colour through the Mackie protocol without some technical knowledge , their product pages and publications all show multi-coloured screens with no mention of the feature only working with other X32 products.

It's not the biggest issue in the world, but when you're working with loads of tracks, it would have been nice to have some way to change the colour of the screens. On the subject of lights, it seems to me that there is no real way to clear the LED clip lights if you peak as they do not seem to respond if you clear them in your DAW.

This means it can be quite confusing if you use them in conjunction with your onscreen mixer. It would have been nice if this could be fixed in future firmware updates but considering I've not seen a firmware update in the five years I've owned this, it says to me that Behringer has probably forgotten this product exists.

Also, I find that certain lights randomly stay on when you close your DAW down which is rather annoying. Secondly, whilst the jog wheel is a nice addition, it does feel quite cheap when compared with the rest of the mostly metal construction.

I love the illuminated ring around the wheel, but I notice friction at some points where the wheel makes contact with the outer ring which makes accuracy a bit of an issue if you're using it for fine scrubbing purposes. The biggest flaw I have found though, is through the reliability of its connectivity to the computer. I'm using this with a Apple iMac installed with the latest version of Logic and connecting it through the USB is by far the most unstable option, with it regularly dropping connection and me having to cycle the power to get it to connect again.

The network option is a little better but there is a lot of setting up and additional hardware a router involved and it still dropped connection occasionally. In my opinion, the best way is to connect it with old fashioned MIDI cables. In my case, I have them connected through my NI Komplete Audio 6 interface and so far touch wood it's not dropped out. So yeah, it's an okay bit of kit for the money, but I can't help but feel it could have done with some more refinement on the software side to make sure it was truly was user friendly.

The build quality is mostly excellent with a lot of it being solid metal and it does get the job done if you like the tactile workflow, but perhaps with a few more tweaks under the hood, it could be even better.

Flawed implementation. First thing to say about the x touch is that physically it's a solid product for the most part. It's heavy and the chassis is well constructed. It stays put on your desk. If I had 24 or more channels I might have made it work but 8 was not cutting it. Sometimes I would make 8 VCA's and lock those to the MCU so that it would be kind of useful for late stage mix tweaks but really it always ended up easier to use a trackpad to do my levels and pans on the screen.

What I did use however, were the transport functions, the zoom functions and the jog wheel as well as using 1 fader to write automation. And that pretty much describes the X-Touch one. I don't know if I'll personally go for one as I have kind of made my peace with trackpad and keyboard in order to work comfortably in other rooms but if I do get another controller the X-Touch seems like my personal sweet spot.

Excellent inputs Sir! The X-Touch one might be just perfect for my needs in the end. I did owned an MCU many years ago and never used it that much because of the learning curve and finally sold it. But now I have more time to spend on learning a control surface and I also have way more know how with Logic. Very efficient for tracking.

For mixing, I re-installed my Korg nanoKontrol2 that was collecting dust and to my surprise, it does what I need to do pretty quickly. And for shortcuts my iPad Logic Remote is very handy. I took also the time to setup a 16 channels Logic template. I do miss a real fader and a jog wheel but not that much, right now anyway.

So, now, I have a fast and functionnal setup! It's crazy to realize that often, we have all that we need, hanging around! All we have to do is take the time to learn how our things work! Thanks for your reply Sir. Ya I think the very first thing I tried to do with my Mackie then was to try control the different plugins parameters doing trials and errors without ever taking the time to RTFM! Shame on me. Back to the X-Touch, the X-Touch one, for simple selected channel strip operations seems very pleasant to use but rather limited.

If only it could controle the sends So the X-Touch is still on my wish list. Sorry to back up here, but the X-Touch ONE seems to have conflicting reports on its ability to write automation.

   

 

Behringer X-Touch – Thomann UK - Making Life Sane – Delete Previous Attempts



    So I have read the surface control manual to some degree. • SHIFT: Provides an alternate function or meaning for a button. • OPTION: The function applies to. Quick, tactile fader, pan, mute and solo changes. Fast transport and navigational control over your session. Breaks from the mouse and reducing the chances of.


Comments